Single-Site™ da Vinci® Surgery
da Vinci Single-Site™ Instrumentation for the da Vinci® Si™ System is the latest addition to the da Vinci line.
Single-Site da Vinci Surgery enables surgeons to operate through the patient’s belly button to remove the gallbladder. The end result: virtually scarless surgery, providing patients with one of the most cosmetically appealing results of any surgical approach.1,2
Single-Site da Vinci Surgery leverages the vision, precision, dexterity and control of the da Vinci System. Launched in late 2011, Single-Site Instrumentation introduces several enabling features, including:
1. The five-lumen port provides access for two Single-Site Instruments: the 8.5 mm 3DHD endoscope, a 5/10 mm accessory port and insufflation adaptor.
2. Pliable architecture accommodates variable patient anatomy and enables simple and safe entry into a 2.0-2.5 cm incision.
3. Marked lumens on the port provide guidance for proper set-up and remote center placement.
Curved 5 mm Instrument Cannulae
1. Specifically designed to optimize triangulation toward the target anatomy and provide an unobstructed view of the surgical field.
2. Curved architecture separates the instrument arms outside the body wall, maximizing range of motion and minimizing potential internal and external crowding.
5 mm Semi-Rigid Instruments
1. Designed with the flexibility to go through curved cannulae and the rigidity to retract tissue.
2. A full instrument suite is available.
1. Compatible with the da Vinci Si Surgical System.
2. Instruments and camera cross within the Single-Site port and use remote center technology to avoid cannula collisions, arm interferences and port-site movement.
3. da Vinci System software automatically detects and re-associates the user's hands with the instrument tips to create Intuitive® movement through crossed cannulae.
To have an Intuitive Surgical representative contact you about starting a da Vinci Surgery program at your hospital, call +1 888 409 4774 or email us for more information.
1. Haber GP, White MA, Autorino R, Escobar PF, Kroh MD, Chalikonda S, Khanna R, Forest S, Yang B, Altunrende F, Stein RJ, Kaouk JH. Novel robotic da Vinci instruments for laparoendoscopic single-site surgery. Urology. 2010 Dec;76(6):1279-82. Epub 2010 Oct 27.
2. Kroh M, El-Hayek K, Rosenblatt S, Chand B, Escobar P, Kaouk J, Chalikonda S. First human surgery with a novel single-port robotic system: cholecystectomy using the da Vinci Single-SitePlatform. Surg Endosc. 2011 Nov;25(11):3566-73. Epub 2011 Jun 3rd.