Launched in April 2009, the da Vinci® Si includes several features:
1. Dual-console capability to support training and collaboration during minimally invasive surgery.
2. Enhanced high-definition 3D vision for superior clinical capability
3. An updated user interface for streamlined setup and OR turnover
4. Extensibility for digital OR integration
The da Vinci Si System retains and builds on the core technology at the heart of the existing da Vinci and da Vinci S™ Systems:
1. Advanced 3D HD visualization with up to 10x magnification and an immersive view of the operative field
2. EndoWrist® instrumentation with dexterity and range of motion far greater than the human hand
3. Intuitive® Motion technology, which replicates the experience of open surgery by preserving natural eye-hand-instrument alignment and intuitive instrument control
The da Vinci Si Surgical System provides the following core features:
To have an Intuitive Surgical representative contact you about starting a da Vinci Surgery program at your hospital, call +1 888 409 4774 or email us for more information.
Serious complications may occur in any surgery, including da Vinci® Surgery, up to and including death. Examples of serious or life-threatening complications, which may require prolonged and/or unexpected hospitalization and/or reoperation, include but are not limited to, one or more of the following: injury to tissues/organs, bleeding, infection and internal scarring that can cause long-lasting dysfunction/pain. Risks of surgery also include the potential for equipment failure and/or human error. Individual surgical results may vary.
Risks specific to minimally invasive surgery, including da Vinci Surgery, include but are not limited to, one or more of the following: temporary pain/nerve injury associated with positioning; temporary pain/discomfort from the use of air or gas in the procedure; a longer operation and time under anesthesia and conversion to another surgical technique. If your doctor needs to convert the surgery to another surgical technique, this could result in a longer operative time, additional time under anesthesia, additional or larger incisions and/or increased complications.
Patients who are not candidates for non-robotic minimally invasive surgery are also not candidates for da Vinci® Surgery. Patients should talk to their doctor to decide if da Vinci Surgery is right for them. Patients and doctors should review all available information on non-surgical and surgical options in order to make an informed decision. For Important Safety Information, including surgical risks, indications, and considerations and contraindications for use, please also refer to http://www.intuitivesurgical.com/safety. Unless otherwise noted, all people depicted are models.
© 2014 Intuitive Surgical. All rights reserved. All product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.