da Vinci Surgical System (Standard)
The first generation of the da Vinci® Surgical System, introduced in 1999, consists of an ergonomically designed surgeon's console, a patient-side cart with four interactive robotic arms, a high-performance vision system and proprietary EndoWrist® Instruments. Powered by state-of-the-art robotic technology, the surgeon's hand movements are scaled, filtered and seamlessly translated into precise movements of the EndoWrist Instruments. The net result: an intuitive interface with breakthrough surgical capabilities.
• Revolutionary 3-channel vision system
• High resolution 3-D image
• Panoramic view of the surgical field
Enhanced Dexterity, Precision & Control
• 3 robotic arms enable Solo Surgery™
• Fingertip control of EndoWrist® Instruments
• 7 degrees of freedom - 90 degrees of articulation
• Motion scaling and tremor reduction
• Optimal alignment of visual and motor axes
• Immersive high resolution stereo viewer
• Comfortable seated posture
This da Vinci Surgical System is no longer actively commercialized in the world, but is still being supported by Intuitive Surgical through its Customer Service organization.