da Vinci® Skills Simulator™
The da Vinci Skills Simulator provides for comprehensive da Vinci Surgical System adoption. When the simulator is integrated with a da Vinci Xi, Si, or Si-e surgeon console, users can engage in the following:
Surgeons and surgical teams can engage in training with system skills exercises and 3D videos to align training pathways to specific surgical specialties.
The Skills Simulator exercises range from basic to advanced and are designed to be relevant to surgeons from any specialty.
Each exercise covers at least one of the following skill categories:
* EndoWrist® Manipulation - EndoWrist instruments are designed to provide surgeons with natural dexterity and a range of motion far greater than even the human hand. These exercises are designed to help users gain familiarity with the movement of these instruments.
* Camera and Clutching – The three-dimensional, enhanced high-definition vision of the da Vinci System offers a key clinical advantage in surgery, and these exercises help users improve camera control and learn to use the clutch effectively.
* Fourth Arm Integration – For more advanced instrument control skills, some exercises include a fourth instrument arm that must be used. This is designed to promote instrument skill, and encourages users to think strategically about instrument placement during tasks.
* System Settings – The surgeon console features a comprehensive set of controls for user settings. Quiz exercises on the simulator focus on basic setting topics such as icons, ergonomics and instrument scaling.
* Needle Control and Driving – These scenarios are designed to help users develop skill when manipulating needles, including a focus on how to effectively hand off and position needles while practicing with a range of geometries.
* Energy and Dissection – The footswitch panel enables users to perform a range of tasks such as swapping between different types of energy instruments. These exercises allow users to gain familiarity with the footswitch panel by letting them practice applying monopolar and bipolar energy while working on dissection tasks.
Users can track metrics automatically through the Simulator curriculum tab to view progress and proficiency. See how users or education/credentialing managers can easily extract data and manage Simulator curriculum from a PC or smart device.
The simulator experience can be customized with the latest in procedural simulation from our Simulation Marketplace. The goal is to further advance skills and grasp the unique nuances of various da Vinci procedures. Check out the latest offerings from 3DSystems below:
Learn more about Intuitive Surgical's preferred simulation vendors:
Serious complications may occur in any surgery, including da Vinci® Surgery, up to and including death. Examples of serious or life-threatening complications, which may require prolonged and/or unexpected hospitalization and/or reoperation, include but are not limited to, one or more of the following: injury to tissues/organs, bleeding, infection and internal scarring that can cause long-lasting dysfunction/pain. Individual surgical results may vary.
Risks specific to minimally invasive surgery, including da Vinci® Surgery, include but are not limited to, one or more of the following: temporary pain/nerve injury associated with positioning; a longer operative time, the need to convert to an open approach, or the need for additional or larger incision sites. Converting the procedure could result in a longer operative time, a longer time under anesthesia, and could lead to increased complications. Contraindications applicable to the use of conventional endoscopic instruments also apply to the use of all da Vinci® instruments. You should discuss your surgical experience and review these and all risks with your patients, including the potential for human error and equipment failure. Physicians should review all available information. Clinical studies are available through the National Library of Medicine at www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed.
Be sure to read and understand all information in the applicable user manuals, including full cautions and warnings, before using da Vinci products. Failure to properly follow all instructions may lead to injury and result in improper functioning of the device. Training provided by Intuitive Surgical is limited to the use of its products and does not replace the necessary medical training and experience required to perform surgery. Procedure descriptions are developed with, reviewed and approved by independent surgeons. Other surgical techniques may be documented in publications available at the National Library of Medicine. For Important Safety Information, indications for use, risks, full cautions and warnings, please also refer to http://www.intuitivesurgical.com/safety. Unless otherwise noted, products featured are available for commercial distribution in the U.S. For availability outside the US, please check with your local representative or distributor.
Nothing in Intuitive Surgical training curricula makes expressed or implied promises or commitments to the persons attending. This includes any promise or commitment that the trainee will be provided any specific product or technology in future or that the trainee will be certified to perform a procedure related to the curriculum.
Some of the training described in Intuitive Surgical promotions may be provided by organizations or entities other than Intuitive.
Surgeon proctors are independent contractors. The prices listed for proctoring are for services rendered by the independent surgeon proctors. A list of surgeon proctors can be provided upon request. Intuitive Surgical does not take responsibility for proctoring services provided by independent surgeon proctors. The hospital/surgeon purchases the proctoring service as part of training they have independently determined to be part of their credentialing requirement; Intuitive Surgical’s role is merely to coordinate between the hospital/surgeon and the proctor. The proctors and the hospital/surgeon are always free to negotiate with each other directly.
Third-party products shown interacting with the da Vinci System and its instrumentation have been validated by Intuitive for use with the da Vinci System. Validation is for compatibility only and does not imply endorsement of the product by Intuitive.
da Vinci® Skills Simulator™ is intended to augment, not replace, existing training programs for the da Vinci™ Surgical System.
Unless otherwise noted, all people depicted are models.© Intuitive Surgical, Inc. All rights reserved. Product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.